As of June 2023, 94% of businesses use cloud services—but not all of them are using these services effectively. Understanding the many aspects of the cloud can help your business use this important tool effectively, and also determine if you require extra support through cloud managed services. We’ve gathered some great points to consider as you set your business up for success.
What Is The Cloud?
The cloud is a collection of off-site, remotely accessible computer systems and resources. These powerful services allow companies to store, access and manage their data over the internet instead of on physical computers.
Cloud managed services can provide organizations with access to a virtually unlimited amount of computing power, storage capacity, and network bandwidth. By leveraging the cloud, businesses have greater access to IT resources—without having to invest in costly hardware or hire an expensive team of IT professionals.
However, handling these powerful systems may not be everyone’s forte. Some businesses use cloud services so that someone with more expertise can do the work for them, while others prefer in-house support.
The Pros of In-House Support for the Cloud
If a more hands-on approach to the cloud sounds ideal, in-house support might be the best option for you. Here are a few benefits to this option:
- Full control over infrastructure: By handling the cloud in-house, businesses can have complete control over infrastructure and services. You can customize settings, configure applications to meet your specific needs, and manage resources.
- Customization and flexibility: You can also customize your cloud infrastructure to meet your unique business needs. This allows you to have more control over what services your company offers and how they’re delivered.
- Potential cost savings in some cases: If your company has the budget and resources to take on the task of managing your cloud environment, you could potentially save money.
- Enhanced security control: By handling the cloud in-house, you can be more confident that your data is secure. You can choose your security measures and establish processes for monitoring and responding to potential incidents.
The Cons of In-House Support for the Cloud
With all of its benefits, in-house support for the cloud isn’t for everyone. Before you choose this option, consider the following drawbacks:
- Expertise and skill requirements: Managing your cloud environment takes a lot of time, resources, and expertise to do right.
- Initial setup and ongoing maintenance costs: Setting up and managing a cloud environment also requires upfront costs. You’ll need to purchase hardware, software, and other resources.
- Scalability challenges: It can be difficult for companies to scale their cloud environment as their needs change. As your business grows, you may need to purchase more servers or additional storage space, which could be cost-prohibitive.
- Potential for increased downtime: If your cloud environment isn’t managed properly, it could lead to increased downtime and decreased performance. This can hurt customer satisfaction and company productivity.
Benefits of Partnering with an MSP for Cloud Managed Services
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are professional entities that oversee and manage a company’s IT infrastructure remotely. This includes cloud-managed services, cybersecurity, and network operations.
Partnering with an MSP may be the best option for your business if you don’t have the expertise or resources to manage your cloud environment on your own. Here are some of the major benefits an MSP could give your company:
Access to the Latest Technologies
As cloud technology evolves at a rapid pace, an MSP can keep your business at the forefront, ensuring you get the most out of your cloud environment. They not only provide you with the newest applications but also help optimize their use.
This could mean everything from implementing machine learning for predictive analysis to leveraging automation to streamline workloads. By doing so, an MSP can help your business maximize efficiency, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge in your industry.
Enhanced Scalability Capabilities
With cloud managed services, storage issues become a thing of the past. MSPs offer scalable storage solutions that can be easily adjusted—meaning you can increase storage capacity during peak business periods and decrease it when less is needed.
The MSP model usually operates on a pay-as-you-go basis, so you only pay for the services you use. This eliminates the need for significant upfront spending and allows for predictable ongoing costs, which improves budget management.
Huge savings can be earned: 46% of managed IT service users have cut their annual IT costs by 25% or more just by switching to an MSP.
Offload Security Responsibilities
When it comes to security, cloud managed services are invaluable. MSPs ensure regular updates and patch management, which secures your systems against potential threats. They also manage software licenses, ensuring your infrastructure stays up-to-date and compliant.
Let Simple Systems Handle The Cloud for You
Save time and effort and let Simple Systems improve your technology with our reliable managed IT services. We have great options in cloud managed services, and once you become a part of the Simple Systems family, you’ll be able to count on us for anything. Reach out today and find solutions that work for your company!