Utah businesses have a choice to make when it comes to their IT services: break/fix or managed services. Both of these options have their own set of pros and cons, and it can be hard to decide which is the best option for your company. In this blog post, we will take a look at the pros and cons of each option so that you can make an informed decision about what is best for your business.
- Lower cost in the short term: Break/fix is often a more affordable option than managed IT services when it comes to fixing immediate problems.
- Flexibility: Businesses can choose the level of service they need, which gives them more flexibility.
- Customizable: Break/fix can be customized to meet the specific needs of each business.
- It’s often a bandaid for bigger problems: While break/fix will fix your immediate needs, it won’t always get to the root of the problem which can cause problems and unforeseen costs down the road.
- Long term unforeseen costs: Since break/fix doesn’t take a proactive approach you’ll often spend more fixing problems in the long term.
- Limited support: Break/fix services typically offer limited support, which can be a problem when something goes wrong in the future.
- Inconsistent service: Because break/fix is a reactive approach to IT, businesses may not receive consistent service.
- Not proactive: Break/fix is a reactive approach to IT, meaning that problems are not addressed until they occur, which can lead to increased downtime and business costs.
Managed IT Pros:
- Proactive maintenance: Managed IT services involve proactive maintenance, which can help prevent problems from occurring.
- Predictable, fixed monthly cost: With managed IT, businesses know what their monthly costs will be, so there are no surprises.
- 24/7 support: Managed IT services typically offer 24/7 support, meaning that there is always someone available to help you when you need it.
- Increased productivity and efficiency: The managed service model incentivizes your managed service provider to leverage technology to make your business more efficient.
Managed IT Cons:
- Higher cost in the short term: Managed IT services tend to be more expensive than break/fix services in the short term.
So, Which is Better?
The answer to that question depends on your specific business needs. If you are looking for a more affordable short term option, break/fix may be the best choice for you. If you are looking for more proactive maintenance and 24/7 support, then managed IT services may be a better option. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which option is best for your business.
If you see your business growing, you want to increase productivity, you need to be legally compliant, or you’re concerned about cybersecurity, then managed IT services are the right choice for you. Although the cost may be higher, you’re essentially investing in your technology and saving yourself resources that you can spend on making your business even better.
If you’d like to learn more about the pros and cons of break/fix vs. managed IT services for your Utah business, please contact us today. We would be happy to discuss the options with you and help you decide which is the best choice for your business.
We’ve helped dozens of businesses make the switch to managed IT services, and we can help you too. Contact us today for a consultation and we’ll help you make the best decision for your business technology.