Imagine this: you step into your Lehi office for work on a Monday morning with your morning beverage in hand, and you take a peaceful sip. You set the cup down and attempt to log in to your desktop computer. Suddenly, you get an error message: incorrect password. You try again and then again… still nothing. It takes you asking multiple co-workers and tirelessly Googling on your phone before you come to the realization that someone has hacked into your system and changed your password!
Password protection is not only uncommon, but it’s also incredibly important for businesses of all sizes. A few eye-opening stats about password protection show:
- 53% of people rely on their memory to manage passwords.
- 51% of people use the same passwords for both work and personal accounts.
- 57% of people who have already been scammed in phishing attacks still haven’t changed their passwords.
We want to keep your Lehi business out of those statistics, here’s how:
What is a Password Policy?
A password policy is a set of rules that help protect your business from cyber-attacks and malicious behavior. These rules are not meant to be broken though, and they include the following:
- Password Length: This is the minimum amount of characters a password must have.
- Password Complexity: The stronger the password the better. They typically should include uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Password Expiration: Passwords should be regularly updated in order to stay secure and keep ahead of password-guessing attempts.
- Password Reuse: A password should never be reused as this leaves your system vulnerable to password-guessing attempts.
- Password Protection: Passwords should be stored in an encrypted format, meaning only authorized personnel can access the password information. This helps protect passwords from being viewed by unauthorized users.
What are Password Managers?
A password manager helps to store and manage all your passwords in an encrypted format, giving you peace of mind knowing that your password information is kept secure. Additionally, password managers will generate complex and unique passwords for each service you use which not only keeps it secure but also makes it easier for you to remember.
Companies tend to utilize this magical tool due to its ability to help keep passwords frequently updated, generate stronger passwords, and overall make password management a lot easier.
At the end of the day, the tools this provides for your company can keep your business just as secure as any password protection policy.
How Can Simple Systems Help Establish Your Business Password Protection Policy?
At Simple Systems, we understand the importance of password protection for your Lehi business, and we are here to help. We can provide password policy advice and guidance to ensure your business is secure from cyber-attacks and malicious behavior.
Additionally, our password management services offer password storage, password security, password sharing, password expiration policies, and password protection education for all employees. With Simple Systems on your side, you can be sure that all of your password protection needs are taken care of and that your system is as secure as possible. Get started with us today and remain ahead of the game.