Why Phising Resistance Training for Students is a Must-Have for Businesses.
WHY PHISHING RESISTANCE TRAINING FOR STUDENTS IS A MUST-HAVE FOR BUSINESSES
Phishing resistance training for students is a business problem too – because one bad click could open a gateway for cybercriminals into business data and systems.
It’s back to school time for students around the globe. Considering the dismal state of cybersecurity education in US schools, many students aren’t aware of the potential dangers that they face from cybercrime like phishing. With a huge increase in IoT devices adding extra cybersecurity challenges when people work from home, cybersecurity awareness like phishing resistance training for students (through their parents) isn’t just a good way to keep kids safe online – it’s also a smart idea for keeping company data and systems safe from unforeseen dangers.
Everyone with an email account is a target for this year’s biggest cybersecurity threat: phishing. As kids continue with distance learning, that means that they’ll be using email more frequently. Most schools do not have sufficient email security to repel even a clumsy cyberattack, as a school system in Australia recently discovered. Cybercriminal know this, and they’ve been taking advantage of this opportunity by making more phishing attempts against schools to launch lucrative ransomware attacks.
Teaching parents and kids about phishing dangers won’t just protect them from danger, it will also protect companies from danger.
Consider this scenario:
- A parent is working from home connecting to cloud-based services every day.
- A child is distance learning and using cloud-based tools.
- The child opens their home network to compromise by falling for a phishing attack.
- The cybercriminals use that opening to penetrate security on other devices connected to that network – like the parent’s laptop.
- They’re able to breach security on the laptop, giving them access to what it’s connected to – the parent’s employer’s systems and data.
The warning goes on to detail potential mitigations against this scam, including using warning banners for all emails external to an organization, ensuring that all systems have the latest security updates, and maintaining up-to-date antivirus signatures and engines.
- The employer has a data breach, and no one is clear on exactly how it happened.
Consistently updated phishing resistance training for all of your staffers is the best way to prevent phishing from snagging your business in a data breach.
BullPhish ID Boosts Phishing Resistance Fast
By updating and upgrading phishing resistance training for your staff, you’re also raising their awareness of overall cybersecurity. While company training won’t directly help children learn to spot and avoid phishing attempts, it will create greater security awareness in adults that they’re likely to share, because everyone wants to keep their children safe.
- BullPhish ID is an ideal solution for both in-office and remote training. Up-to-date information and training around the latest phishing threats is presented in bite-sized pieces with memorable animated video, to help increase retention and understanding.
- It’s simple to set up, fast to deploy, and easy to run.
- Training raises your staff’s overall cybersecurity awareness, making them more alert to other potential phishing threats, like SMS text and chat phishing attempts.
- Over 80 plug-and-play phishing resistance training kits are available, with 4 new kits added each month including COVID-19 threats.
- Engaging animated video delivers effective training in bite-sized pieces for improved retention in 8 languages.
- Online testing quickly determines who needs more training and enabling you to adjust training groups accordingly.
Boosting a company’s phishing resistance and security awareness training is extremely effective – cybersecurity safety training can reduce incidents by up to 70%. And it doesn’t just have benefits for staffers in the office – it also keeps companies safe when staffers are working from home. Plus, by raising overall security awareness, you’re also giving your staffers important safety information that they can share with their children to help keep everyone safe from cybercrime.
"Why Phising Resistance Training is a Must-Have for Businesses"